2) Assemble the Parts
To hook up a button to an XBee, you’ll need:
- XBee 802.15.4 Radio
- Switch – use any kind you want. We’ll be using a tactile momentary switch that sits perfectly in our breadboard.
- 10K resistor – they’re labeled with colored bands Brown, Black, Orange and then sometimes gold or silver.
- Jumper cables
- XBee Breakout Board – for your circuit.
- XBee Explorer USB – for programming your radio.
- A DC power source, 2.8 – 3.3V – We’ll be using two C batteries in a battery holder from Radio Shack.